In this 5 week program, students will learn how to leverage design thinking, design innovation, with lean startup methods to identify problems worth solving, the needs of their customers and develop bold, new products and service ideas. Students will practice using new tools, frameworks, and processes to collaborate, communicate, create, and think critically about their ideas.
- Students will learn how to unpack their and refine ideas and explore surrounding opportunities.
- Understand market potential and validate their idea through market adoption and/or investor interest.
- Students will learn to use the lean canvas to identify, refine, and explore customers/navigate customer interview processes and assess the opportunity for a lean startup.
- Students will have mastered their elevator pitch & 30 second pitch.
- Students will have a 5 minute presentation/pitch deck and be prepared to pitch investors and funding sources for capital.
Session Location //
In Person at the Foundry (Fergus Falls)
and Online (virtual meetings)
How much does this program cost?
The program is *FREE* to all participants. The program is subsidized through the generous sponsors above.
Who should apply?
Participants do not need any startup experience nor a fully formed idea for a startup — just motivation and grit. The Zero to One Program will build startup skills as participants work on their business ideas.
Am I eligible to apply to the program?
Priority will be given to founders and startups based in Fergus Falls. There are a limited number of seats available; the acceptance rate will be very competitive. However, if there are additional spaces, the program will consider participants outside the priority areas. We encourage you to apply regardless of your current location.